How to get to Saint-Malo when arriving by plane?
- Landing at Roissy Charles De Gaulle (CDG) airport, you may either:
- Take a TGV train to Rennes (2 or 3 trains a day) and then a connection to Saint-Malo (around 5 hour trip).
- Take an Air France bus shuttle to Montparnasse railway station (Every 30 min from 6 am to 10 pm – average journey time: 50 min – fare about 17 euros) and then take a TGV to Saint-Malo (via Rennes or not).
- Take a flight from Roissy CDG to Rennes Saint-Jacques RNS airport. 3 flights a day: 9.35 am-1.00 pm- 8.45 pm. (Cf. §4).
- Rent a car in the airport for a 4.5-hour trip by motorways A11/A13 (through Rennes) or A13/A84 (through Caen).
- Landing at Orly airport, you may either:
- Take an Air France bus shuttle to Montparnasse railway station (Every 20 min. from 6 am to 11 pm – average journey time: 45 min. – fare about 12.50 euros) and then take a TGV to Saint-Malo (via Rennes or not).
- Rent a car in the airport for a 4.5 hour trip by motorways A11/A81 (via Rennes) or A13/A84 (via Caen).
- Landing at Nantes Atlantique airport, you may either:
- Rent a car or take a taxi from Nantes Airport to Saint-Malo, it’s a 2 hour trip (200 km or 124 miles away). The taxi fare is about 300 euros, from Monday to Saturday.
- Take a shuttle or a taxi from the Airport to Nantes railway station. (Shuttle: Every 20 min. from 5:30 am to 11 pm – Fare: 8 euros). Then take a train to Saint-Malo via Rennes. Best travel time: 2.5 hours.
- Landing at Rennes-Saint Jacques Airport, you may either:
- Landing at Saint-Malo-Dinard Airport you may either:
- Please note that tickets prices for TGV vary depending on the time you buy the ticket (Prices change frequently without any logic).
- There are regular flights from London Stansted Airport and East Midlands Airport (Nottingham) to Saint-Malo-Dinard Airport.
- There are daily connections between Heathrow and Stansted airport for international flights. National Express coaches run directly between the airports every 30-60 min. Journey time: 90 min. Cost: £27.
If you wish to stop by Paris and then go to Saint-Malo, you may either:
- Go to Paris Montparnasse railway station and:
- Rent a car, you have two possible routes:
- Via Rennes by motorways A11-A81.
- Via Caen by motorways A13-A84.
The travel time is around 4 hours (410 km or 254 miles).